Why to use Latex?
Since word is mostly preferred based on the ease of use, if at all if you need to use latex you will consider its advantage.
- LaTeX enforces proper typesetting.
- LaTeX is stable. It does not crash that easily and has low machine memory requirements.
- Automatic figure positioning is far more efficient in LaTeX than in Microsoft Word.
- LaTeX does provide some advantages over Microsoft Word, particularly for very long and very complex technical documents.
Advantages of Microsoft Word over LaTeX
- Microsoft Word is ubiquitous. In most cases, co-writing with groups from different companies or across industry and academia is a lot easier with Microsoft Word than with LaTeX.
- Such features as spell-check, grammar check, WYSIWYG, track changes, word count, line numbering, and the manuscript marking system are more powerful and convenient with Microsoft Word.
- Microsoft Word is easier to use for novices.
- Microsoft Word now has many handy multi-authoring tools built in.
- Reuse of figures and text is easier when using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint together.